BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is a Martial Art focused in grappling and ground fighting, where with the correct use of positioning, joint-locks and choke-holds you can achieve full body control of your opponent that leads to submission.
Jiu Jitsu is considered one the most complete and efficient Martial Arts in the World. It adapts techniques to real life scenarios proving any individual that someone doesn't need to be strong, fit or in shape in order to be able to defeat a bigger and stronger opponent by applying concepts as leverage, timing, weigh distribution and technique over strength.
We believe that the practice of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is seen as a mean to individual development and personal growth being Confidence, Self-Awareness, Camaraderie, Respect, Discipline, Responsibility and Humility common core values taught within the "Gentle Art".
WHY SHOULD YOU TRAIN JIU JITSU?
1. Learn Self-Defense: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu methods are often the safest way to defuse dangerous situations. While some people may think defending themselves starts with throwing a punch or lunging, the basics of Jiu Jitsu teaches that the most effective way to defend yourself is to close the distance and control your opponent.
2. Identify Your Limitations: Once you start grappling, you'll discover that your body is capable of doing much more than you thought it was. You’ve just never used it to its fullest potential until now.
3. Boost Your Confidence: Most of the times people panic or are afraid when they find themselves in a threatening scenario because they don't know what to do, while mastering your Jiu Jitsu you will walk around everyday with no idea of what it's like to fear another man.
4. Intellectual Development: When you come to the gym you expect to work out your body. But what about your mind? As you better begin to understand the techniques of Jiu Jitsu you'll realise It is more than just Martial Arts; it is a mental game that helps develop your critical thinking skills.
5. Problem Solving Skills: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is commonly compared to a game of chess. It is your mind against someone’s else’s mind, and your mental skills can determine what your next move will be, as well as your opponents.
6. Self Discipline: Get out of your comfort zone! Whether it is restraint, perseverance, accountability, or anything else that falls under self-discipline, we can certainly do better. One of the greatest benefits you’ll get through training Jiu Jitsu is a certain level of mastery over yourself.
7. Patience: As you progress in Jiu Jitsu, you’ll notice that the more patient you are, the better the outcomes of rolls and matches are. In other words, you’ll (re)discover how rewarding delayed gratification can be.
8. Weight Loss: Several people truly enjoy Jiu Jitsu as an exercise activity because unlike running on a treadmill, you are not constantly looking at your calorie count. Jiu Jitsu works every single muscle in your body, resulting in an excellent workout every single class session.
9. Stress Relief: The focus and dedication Jiu Jitsu demands during training will melt away any problems weighing on your mind when you walk through our doors. Jiu Jitsu allows you to blow off steam in a controlled environment with instructors and partners who are also trained.